Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

New spirit dolls for sale

Oops. I photographed these before I put the turquoise necklace on the orange doll.

I just finished three new spirit dolls and I'm offering them for sale here before taking them to the gallery. I'm upping the price a little to $35, which includes shipping, because I've been making them more intricate than the earlier ones. If interested, email me at sherriequilt@yahoo.com. They make great gifts! I happily take custom orders.

They are all made on a base of sticks and have loops on the back so you can hang them from the wall, or you could prop them on a shelf. (The measurements include the ribbons that trail from the bottom, which aren't completely visible in the photos.)

HARMONY

The Harmony spirit doll wears a gold-colored necklace that says "Harmony" one one side and has the Chinese symbol for harmony on the back. I painted her clothes in soft lavender, pink, blue and gold, with trailing painted silk ribbons, hand-dyed yarn for hair, white and the palest of pink feathers, a shell face with blue eyes, and dashes of glittery gold to catch the light. She measures 7" wide and 19" high. $35.


The new blooms on my Texas Ranger plant match the lavender in her dress.




PROTECTION/LUCK/PEACE

This spirit doll wears a necklace with chunks of turquoise, which is said by many cultures around the world to bring protection, good luck and peace. I painted her clothing and ribbons in the colors of a beautiful sunrise -- or maybe colorful flowers. She has a fuchsia coconut shell face, orange, pink and tan feathers, hand-dyed yarn hair, and dashes of glittery turquoise and gold that reflect the light. She measures 7" wide and 17" high. $35.


Her colors match this colorful bouquet of flowers that I photographed in front of my "Garden Gone Wild" quilt.



FERTILITY
CREATIVE LIFE FORCE

The blue spirit doll wears a gold-colored snake charm, a symbol around the world of fertility or creative life force. I painted her clothing a bold, clear blue like the sky or water with dashes of gold. She has a blue coconut shell face touched with gold, iridescent blue eyes, hand-dyed blue/green yarn hair, brown and tan feathers, and trailing ribbons of hand painted silk and yarn. She is 8" wide and 17" long.






Have a colorful day



1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

They're lovely! From the very start, your Spirit Dolls have been such fun creations, full of your love of color! And I love the saying at the end of your post - truth!