Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Friday, July 15, 2022

Night spirit dolls for sale

I made two more spirit dolls that I'm offering for sale here before I take them up to the gallery. $35 includes shipping. Email me if interested: sherriequilt@yahoo.com. 

I'm sewing as much as I can before my shoulder surgery Aug. 4 because after that I'll be in a sling for six weeks!

"NIGHT GODDESS"

A goddess amulet centered on a full moon adorns this spirit doll, channeling the energy of the feminine and protection during the night. Size: 7x17 inches. Hanging loop on back.





_______________________


"NIGHT ENERGY"

Energy sizzles on this doll, with a streak of beaded lightning and colors of the night. Size: 7x17 inches. Hanging loop on back.



I pulled my amulet book off the shelf to see what I could learn about goddess amulets, since I used one on the first doll. It begins, "The Great Goddess, the Earth Mother or Fertility Goddess is manifest in diverse forms from the Palaeolithic era on, particularly in Old Europe, the Near East and Central Asia." She is employed often for protection or fertility. 



Have a colorful day

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

They are really lovely! The feather headdress on "Night Goddess" makes me think of the fiery sunsets you have down there, and I love the lightning on "Night Energy".

Lynda Heines said...

These are so neat. Love all of these spirit dolls you're creating. Just want you to know that I'm following you, but I've not been able to comment due to some stuff going on here. I didn't know you were having shoulder surgery. That might slow you down a bit, but just for a short time. As I said, I love seeing all of your creativity which is so inspiring!