Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Coping, coming together


I know the coronavirus pandemic is no laughing matter, but sometimes you just need a little humor. I've been collecting coronavirus memes and will pass on some of my favorites in the coming weeks.

But I've also noticed how the crisis is bringing people together (from six feet apart). My sister, who lives in the little town of Port Hadlock, WA, just sent this email about how her neighborhood came together to sing:

"Our little neighborhood gathered in the alley (Zoomie the dog included), and sang Mr. Roger’s “It’s a wonderful day in the neighborhood.” That was Friday at 8 pm. It was very nice. We were able to keep six feet apart and enjoy the dusk and stars coming out."

Then there are the parents coping with having the kids home all day, every day.


 This next one is probably my favorite. Ben writes, "It is not going good. My moms getting stressed out. My mom is really getting confused. We took a break so my mom can figure this stuff out. and I'm telling you it is not going good."


And then there's me. I just baked my second batch of chocolate espresso cookies in as many weeks and I've been having lasagne for dinner and egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches. And no yoga class.


Stay safe


5 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm with you... yes, this is very serious but that's when we really need to keep our sense of humor! I'm loving every one of these, and others I have seen on my facebook feed. As they say, laughter is the best medicine! And keeping in touch with friends and family is important too, so thank you for doing your part, my friend!

Lynda said...

Thanks for the laughs. We sure need it at this time. Sending you a hug.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I saw all that on FB but thanks for sharing a gain and giving me a snicker. My husband mentioned just yesterday that he feels fat as a pig after having to stay inside. In reality it's a new prescription he is taking for migraines that increases the appetite. He's such a baby and doesn't want to eat healthy.

Stay well and stay busy...but not busy on FB!!
xx, Carol

Bev Longford said...

Thank you a giggle with breakfast helps

Robbie said...

We have to smile!!! Or laugh out loud even if someone thinks we're crazy!!! Keep positive as you are doing and keep those cookies coming.