Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Upside to the coronavirus


So I was starving myself Thursday to prepare for Friday's screening colonoscopy. I was so hungry that even the yellow jello included in my prep kit tasted good. The clock was ticking down the minutes until I had to take two tablets and then start drinking that nasty stuff, which would be a point of no return.

Then, in the nick of time, I got a call from my doctor's office telling me they were canceling all colonoscopies because of the coronavirus! Oh happy day! They aren't rescheduling until May, and by then I'll be living in Tucson.


So I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner
and ice cream with Kahlua for dessert!


The Y has canceled all of its classes because of the virus, so no yoga for awhile. I've been skipping the classes anyway this week because I'm so busy packing. I just saw this sweatshirt on Facebook and it describes my typical day, except instead of wine I have chocolate.


I'm also using my social distancing time to start listing furniture to sell or give away because the new house will be smaller. I hate to have to give up this comfy leather set, but there's just no room at the Tucson house. It has served my family well over the years and still looks and feels brand new. Just put it on Craigslist, along with the rug and a free dresser. Tomorrow I'll list more items, but now I'm calling it a night.




Have a colorful day


4 comments:

Robbie said...

love the t-shirt/sweatshirt...I'm a wine girl...so.....but also chocolate gal! HA Hubby and I didn't even go to dinner on Thursday....I've been Betty Crocker for quite awhile...think we'll get carry out or just venture out on Tuesday...at least I hope so. You're right, you have enough to do so not going to Yoga/etc just gives you more time to 'wrap up things'!!!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the meme at the end... I saw one for knitters/crocheters on FB yesterday with the same phrase... yup, hunker down and do what you have been trained for! Hope you area able to find new homes for the things you won't be taking to Tucson. We moved from a smaller place into our home when we moved, so didn't have a lot of difficulty in that respect, but I still remember getting rid of some things I didn't think we would need. By my count, 40 days until you head south, right? Oh, boy! Keep packin'...

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sorry you have to let you sofa set go. I am so looking forward to OUR move. We have a large hutch in the dining room that we got within a year or so of when we were married. I thought Terry would be upset if I left it and thankfully he isn't. I guess I'll get busy and pack/sell as soon as we are able to actually sign the papers for the buy. They say any day now. It' OK, as we wait for all issues to be settled in the transfer of the deed.

Stay well.
xx, Carol

lorrwill said...

I LOVE your attitude. Thank you for the moment of humor and brightness in all the chaos.