Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Moving prep is under way!


Moving preparations are under way! Today I sold my huge sewing cabinet to my friend Carolynn. She brought three husky guys and a truck to get the beast out of the house. I have a smaller cabinet that I'll use at my new house. 


With a projected closing date on the house in Tucson of March 30 and needing to get out of this house by the end of April, I've started packing ...


... setting aside things for friends ...


... and stuffing bags with
stuff to donate to thrift stores.


I hope to sell a lot of big furniture to cut down on moving costs. This whole leather set and Pier 1 rug are going to get listed tomorrow. Plus a china cabinet, desk, and tons of bookcases.


And I am NOT taking this grey fabric. I bought it a few years ago, hoping to learn to like grey since it's grey here half the year.


Now that I'm moving to the sun, I can forget about grey! Instead, I bought this sunny Arizona fabric when I visited. I think I'll make a pillow and pot holders with it.



And I found a tote bag made with the same print on sturdy canvas.


 Tucson, here I come!


5 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Now I see progress! Can't wait to see all the wonderful colors you end up with in your new home! Warmer temps, much much more sunshine and clear skies and those wonderful Cacti will be great inspirations, I'm sure. I was mapping and checking out the quilt shops this morning after I read your post... oh boy!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Why do I suspect that grey fabric might be coming my way? lol

Oh, the joys (and second thoughts about) purging! You are right to get an early start with an eye to a fresh start on the other end.

Wishing you luck . . . and more husky guys when you need them. :-)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I admit I dislike gray. Not so much clothes but just about everything else. BUT, I like a very pale gray to replace stark white as a neutral color sometimes. You are making great progress in packing and selling. I'm lucky we are keeping our house so I won't have to pack everything. Also my daughter can sell what she wants when we are gone. Well, you have 1-1/2 months to get this done.
Stay well.
xx, Carol

Lynda said...

Wow! You are moving on and getting lots accomplished. Love the Arizona fabric! I bet it feels good to let go of stuff. So excited for you.

Robbie said...

WOW! You are doing great!!! When you start to 'move' you do 'move' don't you!!! That's the way to do it!!! Keep us posted and I'm SO, SO happy for you! AZ is wonderful!!!!