Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

I'm a Tucson homeowner!!!


I closed today on my house in Tucson (Oro Valley)! The picture is me on Feb. 27 when I decided to make the offer. Because of the coronavirus, I didn't fly down for the closing but my real estate agent stood in for me and just called to say I'm a new homeowner! He's going to keep an eye on it until I move down at the end of April.


I just love the little entry
with its sitting area and trees.


And I can't wait to stretch out in a lounge chair under the awning in the back yard and look at the mountains and blue sky.


I'm going to be a desert dweller!!!




Meanwhile, back in Gig Harbor
the boxes are piling up around me.


I discovered a little journal from 1985 that I don't think I've looked at for over 30 years. It's from an Outward Bound trip I took when I was in my 20s and decided that I needed a confidence-building adventure. I had never sailed before, and we were in an old whaling boat that you could either sail or row, depending on conditions. We took turns being captain, navigator, cook, etc. 


This entry is from a day that I was captain and we decided to do a night sail. One of my best memories was of another night when I was navigator and we sailed by the stars. Everyone was asleep except for me and the night watch person. She kept me company as we whispered and enjoyed the utter peace in a gently rocking boat under a sky full of stars with shimmering starlit water around us as far as we could see.


But back to reality. We're all going a little bonkers after being cooped up at home for weeks and having to social distance when we go out. I baked a chocolate wacky cake last night and social distanced the chocolate chips on top.


Have a colorful day


5 comments:

Robbie said...

I am SO happy for you!!!!! How exciting!!!! You are going to love Arizona so much...I am envious of your new home...can't wait until you get there and start posting!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

Lynda said...

So excited for you. Looking forward to your posts from the desert.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm doing back-flips right now, I'm sooooo happy for you! You'll be charting a different course now, with a sky full of stars to guide you, and your wonderful southwest desert calling... keep packing, it won't be long now!

lorrwill said...

YAY! WOO-HOO!
I am so happy for you.
And thank you for reminding me of Wacky Cake. It was something we had when I was a kid and I had completely forgotten about it. I will be baking one in your honor tonight.
CONGRATS!!!

Janice Smith said...

How wonderful to read some happy news during these troubling times! Congratulations!!!