Detail from "Rain Dance," an original quilt by Sherrie Spangler

Saturday, March 28, 2020

The seller died and other news

The front of the Tucson house.

A few days ago I got a call from my realtor who said don't worry everything is coming together you can still close the seller died. What! The seller was found dead (in his new house, not the one I'm buying) by his realtor when she went over to check on him because he wasn't responding to her calls and texts.

I don't know how he died, but the house I'm buying is in a trust so his sister came down and they hustled to get trustee signatures and the official death certificate and I was able to sign the papers yesterday, just one day late. 

I'm still planning to move as planned at the end of April, even though I'll have to isolate once I get down there (like everyone else) and won't be able to meet anyone for who knows how long. Needless to say, I'm anxious.


On the bright side, my son and his wife just closed on a house in Madison, WI, this week and they're all smiles. The had a drive-up closing, where they stayed in their car in the title company parking lot and someone brought the papers out to them and slipped them through the window. Keith and Rachel signed everything in the car, then passed the papers back out.


They've been working from home. Here's a picture of Keith working in his pajama pants.

My daughter, on the other hand, is on the front lines at Trader Joe's dealing with the public all day. She said they restock the toilet paper every night and it sells out immediately every morning.


I was getting really sick of eating pasta and the same old breakfast sandwiches and frozen broccoli at home, so a few days ago I ordered a spicy Thai chicken wrap at Devoted Kiss down in the harbor. Usually it's nearly impossible to find a close parking space, but it was wide open that day. After I picked it up, I climbed this staircase for some exercise and took a picture of the harbor. All recreational boat traffic is prohibited, but the fishing boats and ferries can still go out.

I've now packed 133 boxes and it seems like it will never end. I'm trying to use up food while at the same time having enough to get through this.


I heard about the double rainbow last week, but from my house I couldn't see anything because of all the trees. This is from a video posted on Instagram of a pod of orcas swimming outside our harbor under the rainbows!

And this next one is also from Instagram, from Alisa Burke, one of my favorite bloggers to follow.


 Have a colorful day


5 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

OMG, that's sad about the seller, but glad they are able to proceed with the escrow. We just had a trust created last year... a worthy investment for sure!
As for when you get to AZ and can't go out... who knows where we'll be by the end of April? And worse case scenario, get your computer hooked up and I'll invite you to a one on one Zoom chat! We can talk and see each other! It's a great way to stay in touch, and I think there will be more of it even after we get through this. I can see you using it to chat with your groups of friends up there too, to stay in touch with them. Keep packing, and take care of yourself, you've got a big adventure ahead! <3

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

A HUNDRED.. AND ....83 boxes!!Terry was collecting boxes in Walmart the other day while they stocked the cookie aisle. I think I have a woefully incorrect idea of how many boxes we need. Glad the owner's death didn't delay your sale. A drive-through property closing. What a cool idea.

Our sale is sitting there waiting for the closing office to open. What a crock. So now my Grandson went looking for other property near it. His lease on his Condo is up in 1-1/2 months and the owner is selling the unit so he will need to move as well. Yesterday he face timed us from 134 acres he found that also has two 2 bedroom trailers on it. Perhaps that is where we will go instead and let the other property go. We'll see. It just seems like this virus has put life on hold while we shelter in place.

Be well,
xx, Carol

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well, I never . . . Thank goodness all involved sped into action so your house could close. I wouldn't worry too much about going into isolation once you arrive. Unpacking should keep you busy for awhile. ;-)

Thanks for the cheery news of the orcas swimming under a double rainbow. Glad you could get yourself out for a bit for a "picnic" lunch. I figured Julia was uber busy (as is my nephew in Seattle). I still don't get why people are so in a panic about buying toilet paper. We'd been pretty much locked down for over a week per local government edict and of course, the hoarders emptied the shelves. I figured by now the my store would have caught up and planned a grocery trip on Thursday. A day too late, as the Governor chose Wednesday to issue statewide the same general rules that our area had been living under which apparently created another panic. Yeah, by the next day, only some single rolls of tp on the shelves and eggs totally gone. Eggs? My brother in CA had mentioned not being able to get eggs until this week which struck me as strange. I asked the checker if all hell broke loose after the gov's announcement and she said yeah, real pandemonium after a quiet week. Oh well, I'm not totally out of either tp or eggs yet!

Lovely to see the smiling faces of your son and dil. Kudos to them for scoring on a house too!

Robbie said...

always an upside to bad news...and that you can still move on time is wonderful...sorry for the deceased man who won't get to enjoy his new home...but you will, my friend!!!! Stay safe and look forward to more posts from you and your time in AZ!

Hansstrauss said...

Untuk pecinta permainan judi kartu uang asli, bisa melakukan pendaftaran dan bermain di Situs Poker Terbaik Indonesia. Karena situs agen taruhan online ini sudah dikatakan resmi dan menerima lisensi PAGCOR maupun Bmm Testlabs sebagai bentuk permainan yang diberikan benar ADIL adanya tanpa ada BOT